A favorite curry dish that goes well with pulao, and tastes the best with Chicken or Mutton.
- Marinate the chicken pcs in the turmeric and salt and keep aside.
- Make a paste of ginger, garlic, coriander, chillies and add to the chicken and marinate for half an hour.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in pan and sauté 2 sliced onions, green chillies, ginger, garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add 1 grated coconut and sauté for another 5-7 minutes.
- Once onions are crispy, keep aside.
- On a dry pan separately roast cinnamon, cardamom, aniseed, black pepper corn, poppy seeds, coriander seeds, Kashmiri red chillies, star anise, mace flower, nutmeg, and turmeric.
- Make Xacuti masala by grinding together the onion mix and spice mixture.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in pan and add the remaining 2 sliced onions and green chillies.
- After one minute add the marinated chicken pieces.
- After two minutes add Xacuti masala and water.
- Cook for 15 minutes or till chicken is tender.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with Indian chapatis, bread or rice.
Serve lemon wedges at the side.